Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Week 9 Reading and Writing

Over the past 8 weeks I have done 8 readings and written about them afterwards. All of these readings have been in some way or another about either game design, feedback or time management, all things that are essential to me during this module.

I would say that these readings have in fact helped me in this module and not just the ones on game design that you have to know about to make a game but the ones on feedback strategies and time management as well.

I feel that no matter how many articles I read on these two subjects they will never really be something I'm great at but reading the few articles I did on them I do feel as though I have somewhat improved in both of these areas.

My favourite readings so far are probably the one on Growth Mindset and feed- forward. Because these readings were all about positivity and opening yourself up to making mistakes and learning from them because that is something I'm sure everyone has had trouble with before. Especially Growth Mindset.

But the readings aren't the only thing that has helped me, writing about the readings each week has helped me as well though not in the way you may think. Writing about the readings each week has helped me to increase my typing speed, understand game design more of course and helped me to truly understand just how many words 200 or 500 words is.

So far I feel that my biggest accomplished has been creating my own game, even if I haven't finished it yet. Figuring out the Unity engine something that I had no prior experience with and creating my own game environment is something I'm very proud of.


This is my favourite image that I found and put into a post on my blog. The image is from my post reviewing my favourite game which is Minecraft and its my favourite image because of how pretty the colours are and because I really love the aesthetic of Minecraft in general and those two things combined makes this a really appealing image to me.

In the future to get as much out of these readings as I can, I feel that I should read the articles more then once and really try to understand any parts of it I may not, maybe bookmark the ones I find particularly interesting to read again later instead of only reading them once and then moving on and never really getting back to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment