Sunday, November 24, 2019

Possible Alpha Game

This week we were supposed to a have an Alpha version of our game created. This means that the game should have all characters and levels in it and should be playable.

For my game I have managed to place all the characters that I want in my game the main character being one and then of course all the creatures and enemies that I have placed in my forest environment.

Screenshot of my game in Unity

My environment has also been completed. My environment includes a small village in the middle of the map surrounded by forests and mountains all side containing monsters.

Screenshot of my game in Unity

The problem I am having with my game is the same as the problem I was having last week with my game. Creating scripts for my characters and getting them to work. I feel that once I can get my scripts to work my game will be almost completely finished.  

My game is payable however it doesn't have all the features I would like it to have just yet, I will fix this soon.  



3 comments:

  1. Hi Casper,

    I'm really impressed by your game development so far! Your map looks really fleshed out and lively and bright and it looks very visually appealing. I like how your terrain isn't all forest and has patches without trees, it helps break up the map and make it not all look the same.

    Have you been following tutorials for your scripting? Or using existing code and pasting it into your game? I find that when I use existing code it tends to work a whole lot better than writing is manually or changing it around too much so it might be helpful for you to look at existing code and using that for your game. If you have been using existing code and it's still not working, maybe you could look for other examples and try apply them to see if that resolved anything. I've been having the same problem myself and using existing code has helped me out a ton!

    All the best,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Caper,
    I loved reading your blog. It was very nicely laid out and was very easy to read. The progress on your game is great. It is clear to see that you are putting in a lot of time and effort to make the best game that you possibly can which is great to see. I like the looks of your game and it seems like a game I would be very interested in playing. I also had a lot of trouble with my scripts just like you. Do you think you will be able to fix the trouble that you are having? I think once your whole game is done, I think it will be a fantastic game and I will make sure that I will play it when it is ready. I love the look of the game and wish you look for the next week and I hope you can fix your problems.
    Cya later,
    Aaron Hogan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Casper,

    You have came really far in your game so fair play to you! You have a lot of components in your game and your map seems to be very advanced so thats really good.

    You have clearly put in a lot of effort in to this game so fair play to you for that. I liked how it is laid out and how it looks visually.

    A lot of people have encountered problems the same as you so your not the only one. It is hard to get the hang of it all so I wouldnt bog yourself down about it.

    I am looking forward to seeing the final product and the best of luck in finalising your final game.

    ReplyDelete