Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Review Week Comments and Feedback

Image from Pxhere

Over the past 9 or so weeks we have been leaving comments and feedback on our fellow students blog posts. Some comments longer than others and with more detailed feedback.

The comments that I receive on my blog post are for the most part very kind and helpful. Most people give good feedback on what I could do to improve my game ideas or how to solve a problem I may have had in unity. I find the comments that people leave that have good feedback and point out what they like about my game ideas are the most helpful because its a good boost to ones confidence especially if you're not sure about some aspects of your game.

I find it hard to leave really constructive comments on other peoples blogs for a few reasons, one is that many of the blog posts I've read I fell don't really need that much feedback because the person seems to know exactly what they're doing and two is because I haven't quite figured out how to leave good feedback without feeling at least a little bit rude.

However following along with a feedback strategy helps me to know what I could say in a few simple steps. It also helps me feel less rude when making a comment on someone else's blog.

When I read other peoples blogs I definitely fell like I'm getting to know them better because of the way they write, whether they tend to right more academically or whether they put a bit more flare into their writing it can really tell you about a persons personality. It can also tell you about what they find interesting based on what they choose to focus on when writing about any readings we have done that week. Even the theme they choose for their blog can tell you a little about them as a person.

I feel that my blog does convey a lot about me as a person, especially my introduction post or at least I certainly hope it does.

I think in the future to really make my feedback more helpful for others I need to get past the feeling of being rude and try to find something everyone could improve on even if it seems that the person has everything figured out in their posts.



1 comment:

  1. well a good day to you Casper!

    I have very much enjoyed reading your blog here about your opinions on receiving and giving feedback from comments. I can understand most definitely that receiving a lot of positive feedback can be really helpful to help find solutions to problems that you may have come across in the past with you game concept and other stuff in general (I mean a lot of your feedback comment have been a real spirit boost for myself and has helped in certain problems that I had with my project stuff). I know that it can be hard to give constructive feedback to others (believe I have been in that situation a couple of times myself) but I am here to tell you that no matter what you write and what feedback that you give to others that it will always be great no matter what, and that every comment you leave will be made in your own unique way. So don't give up hope and be proud of what you have written on other peoples blogs, I know they have helped me a lot and as Danny would put "you are cool as f**k on the inside", "you are a star tonight" and "your a spandex butterfly for life".

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete