Thursday, February 13, 2020

Reading 2: Planning Your Approach

In order to plan my approach for writing my section of the book this semester I first had to pick the two topics that I would be writing about from the list of topics. The topics I chose were Other forms of expression and Game modifications in the chapter Type of Play.

Based on these topics and the purpose of the paper I then had to create my research question so that I  could begin my research. My questions had to narrow down my field of search and give my research a direction.

The questions I came up with are:
-How and why do player communities modify games?
-How do players express themselves using games and other mediums?

Per the video on crating a search strategy, to help myself with researching the questions I went through and found the key words in each question and proceeded to find the synonyms for these words in order to find different resources in my search.

Picture of Synonyms

After coming up with questions to search I had to create a place for me to keep all the resources I might find while researching so that I don't lose them. I do this using the matrix method shown to us which organises all my research into for neat folders. Like so.

Screenshot of Matrix Method folders


No comments:

Post a Comment