Thursday, February 20, 2020

Reading 04: Conducting and writing your analysis

Now that we've done our research and found some sources its time to start writing our analysis.

Writing an analysis means that I have to identify the themes that have emerged while I have been researching and weave them together into a coherent thought that answers both of the research questions that I have previously put forward.

In my analysis I hope to be able to answer both of my research questions and explore the common themes amongst both of the questions as well as explore the topics separately.

While reading through my sources I found that my two topics have a few common elements, one of which is that the players often use the games they are playing and modifying to express themselves and their interests. Sometimes these modifications can be the changing of a characters appearance to look wacky and sometimes they can just be simple bug fixes.

One source I found stated that players enjoy games that are open to being modified because it helps them to feel like they were part of the creating process of the game itself. It also helps the game stay relevant for longer in the eyes of the public because the games only limits is the imagination of the player.

I would like to write more about this common factor in my analysis because I think that it helps to answer parts of both of my research questions and I think that it will help to integrate my sources into a wider conversation.

Screenshot of one Review Matrix 








No comments:

Post a Comment