Thursday, February 27, 2020

Reading 05: Writing the body paragraphs

Image from here

After writing the analysis of our paper it is of course time to write the body paragraphs of our paper, possibly one of the most important parts of the paper itself, writing the body paragraphs means writing the bulk of paper. It also means spending hours staring at a computer screen trying to find the right words to type. These paragraphs will be written under the subheadings of the paper that I created last week, based on the common themes in my research.

This week I will be discussing writing the body paragraphs for the two topics that I chose for this semesters project if that wasn't obvious from the title of this post. In case you don't remember what they were, Other forms of expression and Game modifications, these are just two subheadings in a much bigger chapter.

The purpose of the body paragraphs is to logically discuss the synthesis and analysis of the sources. These paragraphs support your thesis that you've been working on so far and present the conclusions you've come to in your research. This basically means you talk about all the stuff you've read while you were researching.

In my research I have found that games and game modifications are a way for players to express themselves in fun and imaginative ways. So in my body paragraphs I will be discussing this and  supporting this by using information and quotes if necessary from my sources to back up any statements I make. I will of course reference these sources at the end of my paper.

So far writing fro this semesters project has taught me a lot about writing in general, the do's and don'ts, as well as how to do proper research. while I was a bit confused at first now that I understand what I'm doing it's a lot more fun.









1 comment:

  1. HELLO , I am Judy 2nd year 2022 of CDM, and I am trying to read previous years to get an idea for my annotated bibliography.

    ReplyDelete