Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Working Through Workshop 1




Image of a person thinking from Needpix.com


This week during Workshop 1 a task was presented to us.

The first part of this task, answering the questions, What worked well for you last year? and What would you like to change or improve on?, was something I was very familiar with, as feedback is often asked for, and was therefore easy to complete. Answering the questions was the first step, discussing them with the people around me was the next step and in doing this I discovered that many people had similar answers to me. I learned that many of the people around me had the same problems or improvements.

It was the second part of the task that I was not familiar with and was a lot harder to complete though I didn't think it would be so hard when I first read what it was about. After being shown and image of a 4 way junction with a set of lights on every corner and no turning lights or pedestrian buttons we were asked, in plain English, to explain how the junction worked, almost as if we were trying to explain it to say an alien who would have no idea how it worked at all. 

We were allowed to work in groups which I liked because as I stated before it turned out to be a lot harder to do then I originally thought and it was helpful to have other people to bounce ideas off of. However even in groups we learned that it is quite hard to explain information that we all take for granted that we know. Information that is relevant to the life we lead everyday.

Writing out a review for the task has helped me to look back at the task presented and reflect on what I had learned and how it made me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment