Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My Game Idea Research

Image from Wikipedia Commons

Last week I brainstormed four potential game ideas that I could create for my final project for this year. This week I have picked one game out of the four that I liked the most and researched deeper onto the mechanics and development of my game idea. This article explains a lot about some of the things I plan to add into my game.

My game idea is that of an open world fighting game. The player controls a character who lives in a village that is terrorised by monsters and the character must try and find the source of these monsters while facing a multitude of beast along his journey.

The main area that the character will be exploring is the forest around the village where most of the monsters come from. I hope to put a map into the game so that the player doesn't get lost or stuck and knows how to get to the next area of the game.

The character starts out with a small weapon and throughout the game as the character kills monsters they collect parts that they can use to create better weapons to defeat stronger monsters and enemies. There will be a variety of enemies with different abilities and appearances, from these enemies the character will have the ability to learn new moves based on the enemies skillset. This also mean that the player will be able to form strategies to defeat the enemy based off its attacks and its weaknesses.

The character and enemies will have a health bar displayed and different enemies will have different amounts of health. As the character moves through the game and gets stronger by defeating enemies they will also add on to their health bar in order to make sure that they have enough health to defeat stronger enemies.

The game will start with a tutorial for the player to explain the dedicated buttons, what they do and . The player will have three main buttons, one to attack, one to dodge and one to block. Depending on what weapon the player has equipped at the time the attack will be different and cause more or less damage.

The game will end once the player has found their way to the boss of the game. The player will have to use all the skills they learned from previous enemies to conquer the boss and beat the game.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Casper,

    I really enjoyed reading your game idea! I love the concept of defeating certain enemies to get certain skills and parts to upgrade weapons- I feel that players could play the game multiple ways and adds a lot of replayability to the game! I like the idea of the enemies having weaknesses too since it encourages the player to think and to build up a varied skillset to cover as many weaknesses as possible!

    I cant wait to see you develop this game and to get a chance to play it!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Casper,

    I really like your idea of a fighting game and making it an open world makes it even better. I really like that you added a fun way of getting better weapons as you go further in the game. Increasing the health bar as you level is also a great idea as the enemies get more difficult towards the end. There seems to be a lot of strategies the player can figure out which I really like!

    You put a lot of thought into the mechanics of your game which will really show in the end result so I am definitely looking forward to seeing how your game develops!

    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Casper
    I like this idea for a game. I’m also making an open world fighting game. It will be a long process to make a game like this, but it can also turn out to be a really fun game. I think we can work together and help each other since ae idea is similar. Good luck
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete